Search the HDSCS Site
Including the North Pole Network Site
This site is indexed every Tuesday. Changes made since the last index may not appear in your search results.
FreeFind may place sponsored links in your search results. HDSCS receives no remuneration and does not endorse these companies, but this makes our free site search feature possible.
Surfing suggestion: The latest summaries of HDSCS activations and activities are on the News Notes page of this site.
- Make sure your search terms are spelled correctly.
- Using multiple words will return more refined results than a search from a single word.
- Precede a search term or phrase with a plus (+) sign to indicate it must appear in a search result. Precede a search term with a minus (-) sign to indicate an undesirable search term or phrase that must not appear in a search result. For example, searching for +antenna -yagi will return results that are about antennas, but not about yagis.
- Wildcard searches can expand the number of matches for a particular request. The asterisk (*) character is used as the wildcard character. For instance, searching for wh* will find the words what, why, when, whether, and any other word that starts with wh. Searching for *her* will find the words here, whether, together, gathering, and any other word that contains her anywhere in the word. Wildcards may be combined with the standard plus (+) and minus (-) modifiers, quotes for phrases, as well as the field search specifiers.
- You can search for ham radio callsigns in districts 1 through 9 using upper or lower case, such as wa6ops or WA6OPS. For a callsign containing the zero district symbol (Ø), use the asterisk without spaces. Example: k*ov
- Capitalize proper nouns, and remember that lower-case words will match any case. For example, typing search will return all documents containing the words search, Search, and SEARCH. Typing Search, however, will instruct the search engine to look only for the capitalized word.
- Use quotation marks to find words that must appear adjacent to each other, for example, "emergency medical services" Otherwise, the search results will include the words emergency, medical, and services, but not necessarily in that order. The words may appear anywhere, and in any order, within the document.
Back to the HDSCS home page
Back to the North Pole Network home page
This page updated 22 June 2014